Are you working in health and care, or have you got healthcare experience? Maybe you work in clerical or administration but want to take up a clinical role? Take your career to a new level and become a Nursing Associate in one of our highly performing NHS Trusts or GP Practices in North Central London!
What is a Nursing Associate?
The role bridges the gap between unregulated health care workers and registered nurses; its introduction was the biggest shake-up of the nursing workforce in 40 years – the first trainees started their programme in 2017 and registered as nursing associates in 2019.
It’s a regulated profession and there are now over 1,500 on the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register. We want to grow the numbers in our North Central London Trusts as well as in GP practices and Care Homes.
What does the training involve?
- Two-year full-time apprenticeship combined with university studies, starting October 2021
- Study with Middlesex University, an approved education provider for Nursing Associates
- Allocation of host NHS Trust or General Practice in North Central London
- Employers offering this opportunity are;
• North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust – Enfield
• Whittington Healthcare NHS Trust – Archway
• GP surgeries in NCL – Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey, or Islington
- Placements across health and social care settings in North Central London
- Chance to earn and learn WITHOUT building a tuition fee debt
You will work full-time hours during the programme, so you’ll need to be able to plan and manage your job role, study, and placements. You will be fully supported by your Employer and Education Provider.
Once registered, you can work in any health and social care setting which could include a hospital, care home, general practice, mental health, and the community, with adults or children.
After qualifying there may be an opportunity for Nursing Associates to train as a Registered Nurse.
- Evidence of Maths and English GCSEs (grade 9 to 4, A to C) or Functional Skills Level 2
- Must currently live and have lived in the UK for 3 years or more with the right to work and study in England with no restrictions. Your right to live and work in the UK must cover the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to study to foundation degree level 5
- Be able to commit to completing the apprenticeship
- Pass maths and English entrance tests at university application stage
- Please note the advert is now live (kindly hosted by North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust) and can be found at the following links:
- NHS Jobs
Salary scale will be £19,737 – £21,142 per annum. Depending on allocated employer there may also be a high-cost area supplement of between £3,518 – £6,405 per annum.
Closing date – 11th July
Submit Maths/English evidence & preferred employer – 26th July
Invitation to interview (if successful) – 16th July
Interview date w/c – 16th August
Apply to the university and complete Maths & English entrance tests – 15th September
Programme/employment start date – 11th October 2021
For enquires please contact: Carolyn Matthews